The genius of this wrap is that they’ve replaced the romaine lettuce which is usually used, with kale. Not that romaine lettuce is bad for you, it’s totally nutritious. It’s just that kale offers even more good phytonutrients for your body. So you’re getting the lovely taste of a chicken caesar salad all wrapped up so it’s great for a healthy lunch on the go. It’s using olive oil and mustard to replace the caesar dressing.
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, thinly sliced
- 6 cups curly kale, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 coddled egg (cooked about 1 minute)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pieces of flat breads or two large tortillas
- In a bowl, mix together the half of a coddled egg, minced garlic, mustard, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk until you have formed a dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale, chicken and cherry tomatoes and toss to coat with the dressing and ¼ cup of the shredded parmesan.
- Spread out the two lavash flatbreads. Evenly distribute the salad over the two wraps and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- Roll up the wraps and slice in half. Eat immediately
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)