Boxing For Fitness Notes – Freebie
Fitness Level = 7/10
People who were confused = 20%
- You will need boxing gloves & focus pads for these boxing workouts
- Have 2-3 minute breaks in between all the SWAPS & drink water
For this sessions warm up, we played tag. Or as we call it in Australia “tiggie”. Now some people are just “too cool” to play tiggie with the group. In my opinion, who cares? Just let go and get involved! You don’t look stupid when every is doing it! But it’s all good. It is what it is. The people who got involved had fun. Nothing wrong with running around and tagging each other like we did when we were kids! After a few minutes of this chasing match, roll the shoulders around forward and backwards. Get some more blood flowing in them joints & muscles. Once you’re done, let’s start with the boxing workout!
“40, 30, 20, 10”
For this session, we do 40 seconds of something, 30 seconds of something, 20 seconds of something then 10 seconds of holding what ever it was we did for the 20 seconds. For example in the first round we have 40 seconds of jabs, 30 seconds of hooks, 20 seconds of sit-ups and then hold sit-up position for 10 seconds. This is a good “Smash & Burn” session!
- 40 jabs + 30 hooks + 20 sit ups + 10 sec hold (mid way)
- 40 uppers + 30 back fists + 20 push ups + 10 sec hold (elbows bent)
- 40 body rips + 30 front kick + 20 squats + 10 sec hold (knees bent)
- 40 star jump + 30 speed jabs + 20 mt climbs + 10 sec hold (mid way)
- 40 skipping + 30 uppers + 20 high knee runs + 10 sec hold (stand on one leg)
Boxing stance: (1 leg in front of the other ie: Orthodox or Southpaw)
- 40 cross + 30 front s.b.p. + 20 sit ups + 10 sec hold
- 40 front uppers + 30 rear s.b.p. + 20 push ups + 10 sec hold
- 40 power scissors + 30 knees + 20 mt climbs + 10 sec hold
- 40 jabs + 30 cross + 20 triceps push-ups + 10 sec hold (mid way)
- 40 rear uppers + 30 front hooks + 20 squat jumps + 10 sec hold (in mid air lol)
Short break, small sips of water, swap over and repeat
Stretch & cool down!